Milton Sterilising Fluid 5 ltr
Milton disinfecting fluid is a non-hazardous chlorine based bleaching agent, killing bacteria, fungi and viruses in 15 minutes and ideal for use in hospitals and care homes.
Milton disinfects bottles, bed pans, urinals, sheeting, thermometers, plastic protective clothing and other equipment quickly and effectively, and can also irrigate burns and wounds.
In catering environments, Milton is suitable for sanitising water for drinking, or for washing fruit, vegetables, meat and washing chopping boards. It is also ideal for disinfecting tooth brushes, animal food bowls and utensils. It can even be used to disinfect floors and surfaces.
- Extremely safe – Milton disinfecting fluid has been used in NHS hospitals for over 60 years
- Effective and fast to use – simply dilute for use in bottle sprays, buckets and sinks
- Kills bacteria, fungi and viruses in 15 minutes with its aqueous solution of sodium hypochlorite and sodium chloride
- Chlorine levels – 10000ppm with water. Non-hazardous and requires no skin protection (except for prolonged periods of use)
- In 5 minutes: bactericidal according to EN1276 (0.5% dosage) and EN13697 (1.8% dosage) in clean conditions
- In 15 minutes: fungicidal EN1275, virucidal NFT72180. Kills rotavirus
How do I use Milton disinfecting fluid?
- Prepare a bucket of water with 5 litres of water and your required concentration of Milton
- Ensure the utensils has been pre-cleaned of dirt and soil before placing in the bucket
- Wait just 15 minutes
- Remove, dry (no need to rinse!) and the utensil is sterilised and ready to use
- The solution will last up to 24 hours for continuous sterilising action
How much disinfecting fluid do I need to add to my bucket of water?
- For bottles and teats, use 15ml for every 2.5 litres of water
- For utensils for internal bodily use, use 50ml for every 1 litre of water
- For irrigating burns and wounds, use 50ml for every 1 litre of water
- For preventing food poisoning, use 15ml for every 2.5 litres of water in raw meats, fruits and vegetables
- For disinfecting surfaces and chopping boards use 45ml for every 2.5 litres of water
- For drinking water use 2.5ml for every 5 litres of water